Welcome to Foundation Stage online learning page.
Most of our online learning activities during Lockdown are shared on our Class Dojo pages, however some files or content cannot be loaded onto Dojo so will be uploaded here, and a link to them will be put on Class Dojo.
If you have any queries, please contact your child's teacher on ClassDojo.
Take care and stay safe.
Mrs Stockdale and Mrs Ludbrook.
Max the Monkey - Sharing Equally
How to access and use ebook reading books on Class Dojo
How to access virtual worksheets on tablet/iPad
How to access virtual worksheets on PC/MacBook
Here are some extra challenges:
Read Write Inc. is a scheme that is already familiar to all our children and is something that we use throughout school. The videos below will help to support your child in their phonics learning, even though the sound of the day might be one that they already know, the extra practise is great. We have completed Set 1 and are about to begin Set 2 at the beginning of January 2021.
Free RWI Phonics lessons at home during school closures
From Tuesday 5th January 2021, Ruth Miskin Training will restart their free Read Write Inc. Phonics lessons on YouTube for children to watch at home.
One lesson at each level will show at 9.30 am each day and be available for 24 hours.
- Set 1 Speed Sounds, Word Time and Spelling: for children in Reception and children who are new to English.
- Set 2 Speed Sounds and Spelling: for children in Year 1 and 2 (and those in Reception that can read Set 1 Speed Sounds.)
- Set 3 Speed Sounds and Spelling: for children in Year 1 and 2 that can read Set 2 Speed Sounds.
- Read longer words: for children who can read Set 3 sounds and words confidently.
- Read Red Words 1: for children who are reading Red, Green, Purple, Pink and Orange Read Write Inc. Storybooks. Many children are able to read these in Year 1.
- Read Red Words 2: for children who are reading Yellow, Blue and Grey Read Write Inc. Storybooks. Many children are able to read these in Y2.
- Read and Hold a Sentence 1: reading and writing practice for children reading Green, Purple, Pink and Orange Read Write Inc. Storybooks. (For children reading and writing with Set 1 sounds confidently and learning Set 2 sounds.)
- Read and Hold a Sentence 2: reading and writing practice for children reading Yellow, Blue and Grey Read Write Inc. Storybooks. (For children reading and writing words with Set 2 sounds confidently and learning Set 3 sounds.)
Geraldine the Giraffe, and Mr Thorne does Phonics
During the early part of the school year, we like to use Geraldine the Giraffe. Please only use the sounds that we are currently teaching, so as not to confuse the children. A nice activity to use afterwards is to go on a hunt around the house for items featuring the sound in the video, just like Geraldine does!
After Christmas, we like to use Mr Thorne's other series as he goes into more depth with word reading.
We also really like Alphablocks. Encourage your child to say the sounds that they see.
Try to watch an episode of Numberblocks every day and talk about what happened with your grown-up.
There may be some specific episodes that we will ask you to watch as they link with our learning, your teacher will let you know:
Counting with Jack Hartmann:
Here are some online games that we love:
Shape Patterns Train: https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ordering-and-sequencing/shape-patterns
Underwater Counting: https://www.topmarks.co.uk/learning-to-count/underwater-counting
Coconut ordering numbers https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ordering-and-sequencing/coconut-ordering
Comparing quantities game https://www.education.com/game/comparing-quantities-quiz/
You could teach your family the Chicken Dance that we love to do in the classroom!
If you have some play-dough, check out the Spread the Happiness Dough Disco videos - we love to do this at school and it helps with your writing!!
Playing in your garden is great for developing your muscles, you might have a trampoline or a ball to play with and have some fun!
Have a go at Andy's Wild Workouts: Andy's Wild Workouts which are great fun to do!
Or if you fancy a dance, have a go at some of these super Disney dance along videos from ThisGirlCan: Thisgirlcan Disney Workouts
We would love to see some of your creations that you have made at home - send them in through your ClassDojo portfolio.
Here are some ideas that we would love to see:
- Baking or cooking
- Dough models
- Pictures made on your iPad/tablet/device
- Sticking pictures
- Nature art
- Anything else that you have made!
Useful links and information for online resources - we will keep updating this gradually
Tricky Words Songs
Please keep practising your tricky words - try to do some every day then you will be amazing at them.
Here are the songs to practise the words you already know, remember soon you will need to read and spell these
Sign up here for free eBooks and other literacy resources: Oxford Owl
Draw with Rob
Author and illustrator Rob Biddulph will be posting a brand new #DrawWithRob video for you and your kids every Tuesday and Thursday at 10am.
They will all be available permanently as a free resource right here: robbiddulph.com/draw-with-rob https://www.youtube.com/c/robbiddulph72
Great online learning games.
All games are freely available for a limited period, and work on various levels of phonics.
We use Numberblocks within school to aid with the children’s number knowledge, episodes are available on BBC iPlayer and on YouTube
Great for supporting children learning to blend sounds into words
Great for supporting maths learning
We use several programmes which are nicely educational:
We really love:
Maddie’s Do You Know?
YolanDa's Band Jam
Down on the Farm
Andy’s various animal programmes (all good)